If you’ve purchased a plane ticket from us in the last few weeks, you may have noticed something different coming to your email inbox, beyond your ticket confirmation: an email from your very own CheapAir Travel Advisor.
That’s right, your very own Travel Advisor.
While CheapAir.com services customers all over the world, we don’t want our customers to ever feel like a numeric customer ID, churning namelessly through our digital infrastructure. And likewise, we want you to know we’re human, too. So for every new airline ticket purchased, you’ll notice that you’ll be assigned a Travel Advisor. And to kick the relationship off on the right foot, you’ll be receiving a personal introductory note from them shortly after you complete your purchase.
So, sure, while we tout technical triumphs like our new iPhone app and we love geeking out to data, we’re not afraid of such chivalrous gestures as reaching across the digital space to say hello—and to thank you for buying. After all, customers like you are why we’re here!
Here’s a few ways you can interact with your new Personal Travel Advisor:
- Adding a car, hotel, or travel insurance to your booking
- Figure out details like baggage fees
- Inquire about airline amenities
- Assistance with bags, seat assignments, pets or unaccompanied children
- Change your ticket or deal with a delay or cancellation
- Book a future trip
- Large family trips
- Just shooting them a note to say hello – we like hearing from you!
And since this is all about getting to know each other, here’s a little more about us:
- We’re entirely U.S. based. Our offices are in Calabasas, in sunny Southern California
- Some of us have been here for more than 13 years!
- Our Travel Advisors go through several weeks of intense, one-on-one training to get to know the intricacies of the travel industry
- We’re fierce competitors—we have in-house office bake-offs, potlucks and other competitions that we take far too seriously
- We’re casual and fun; our CEO wears converse sneakers to work
- No matter what our role is—we’re all determined to make booking travel easier for you
You can reach your Personal Travel Advisor Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 9 p.m. and Saturday 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Eastern Standard Time. We will do our best to respond to you as quickly as we can and we can promise you that you’ll receive a friendly response from someone who genuinely wants to help you out, a response from a real person. How cool is that? We can’t believe we’re saying it in this day and age, but when it comes to customer service, enough with that electronic nonsense!
Here’s to a long and happy relationship,
The CheapAir Team