March and April seem far away now when it’s so cold outside, but Spring Break is just around the bend! Some students will carpool with friends to drive to beach destinations close to their universities, and others might be going further afield, to places like Mexico and the Caribbean (both are on discount this year), or even a ski vacation out west.
Still others are in the “wait and see” category, since they might not have enough cash saved right now to 100% know if they can make it to the destination most of their friends are planning. Is this where you’re coming from? One problem with waiting too long is that spring break flights are already popular (for college students and families) and priced higher out of the gate (the ole’ principle of supply and demand). Depending on the city you’re considering, flights will likely get much more expensive the closer you get to your travel dates.
Luckily, CheapAir.com has a fantastic solution for those travelers who need a little more time to pay for their airline tickets. We like to call it the “fly now, pay later” option. It’s super fast and easy to find out if you’re approved, it’s a soft hit on your credit so it won’t affect your score, and you don’t even need a credit card to make it happen.
1. Shop for the flights you want to buy on CheapAir.com. Use our “compare” feature to find the best prices, times, days, onboard amenities, baggage allowances and cancellation policies for up to four airlines at once.
2. Then, at checkout, choose the monthly payments option.
3. Our lending partner, Affirm, will ask you a few questions to conduct a real-time approval (in minutes). You provide your full name, mobile number, email address, date of birth, and the last four digits of your Social Security number. You then find out if you qualify for monthly payments and can quickly complete your flight purchase!
4. For purchases of $100.00 or more, you’ll generally see three payment options (3, 6, or 12 months), exactly how much your monthly payment will be under each option, and your interest rate (*rates from 10-30% APR based on creditworthiness). Choose the payment option that makes the most sense for you.
5. Enjoy your spring break vacation stress-free. No last-minute scrambling or worry over how you might pay for your flights!
That’s all you need to do to buy you airline tickets now and spread out easy, budget-friendly payments. For more detailed information about how it all works, you can read more about monthly payments for flights.
We can also help if you need ideas for where to go on your Spring Break. Check out our Spring Break Flights page for some great ideas. As we mentioned, a lot of Mexican beaches are on sale – Cancún, Mazatlán, and Cabo San Lucas are all decent budget options this year. And if you’d like to try out the Caribbean, there are deals to be had in places like Jamaica and the Dominican Republic. Here are just a few good deals you can shop right now:
Ready to pack your bags?
*Airfare prices as of 1/26/2018